In the past, the components of your security system were limited to where a wire could be placed. Forget placing a video camera on a countertop or managing your implements with a smartphone. With that being said, home security is not like it used to be, due in large part to the incorporation of wireless installations. You now have a range of additional advantages to enjoy -- like online access to your system, devices that function as part of a cohesive network, and quicker system set ups. Wireless home security systems in Ithaca will safeguard your home while adding convenience to your life.
Things To Think About If You Go Wireless
Most importantly, wireless home security systems must have a stable Wi-Fi and internet connection to function properly. If you have high-performance internet and a capable wireless router, you’re a good candidate for a wireless installation.
If you have concerns about an internet or power outage, explore options that have battery and cellular backups at hand to sustain the link to your monitoring specialists at all times.
In the event you make your home in an area without dependable internet or cellular coverage, a wired installation will in all probability be a better choice. Or It may also be to your advantage from a financial standpoint to choose a wired installation if you live in a home that has security wiring already connected.
Advantages Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both conventional wired and wireless home security systems in Ithaca will elevate the safety of your property, which is the main goal to start with. On the other hand, if you like the idea of using the latest technology, consider the following advantages of wireless:
- Access from anywhere: Get access to all the components in your home from your locks to your security cameras directly from your smartphone with the ADT Control app. You are able to see who’s at the front door, switch on your smart lights, and even turn on your alarm on the rare chance you forgot to do so. Whenever a security event does occur, you can have updates delivered straight to your smartphone.
- Easy installation and customizing: Forget about the endless wiring, drywall damage, and time-consuming installs. The great thing about wireless components is that you can put them just about anywhere and in less time. If you want to add on later with new equipment, incorporating elements into your network is simple.
- Smart home device interaction: Wireless technology makes smart home interactions a reality with quick, bi-directional communications. You may direct your devices to perform a function in specified situations to boost your safety and deter home invasions. For example, if your exterior camera detects odd movement around your home, it is able to instantly direct your interior lighting to activate.
Disadvantages Of Wireless Home Security Systems In Ithaca
Even though wireless home security systems in Ithaca are known to be a good choice, it’s reasonable if you have a few reservations about installing one. Let’s take a look at some of the common sources of concern:
- Battery-powered wireless devices may stop working if the battery is depleted. However, your smart implements will send you a notification whenever batteries are getting low.
- Sensors generally have to be positioned within a set distance from your central command hub. ADT offers range extenders for some packages to boost your adaptability.
- Like all types of internet-connected networks, the threat of getting hacked persists. You can take action to prevent this by utilizing hard-to-crack passwords, always changing default settings, and selecting a router with an integrated firewall. You should also only employ security components with encryption of 128-bit or more.
Ready To Go Wireless? Contact Your Security Experts
Have you decided to experience the benefits of Ithaca wireless home security? Call (607) 204-9053 to speak with the security experts at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our experts will aid you in creating the perfect package for your home.