What To Know About Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Ithaca
You understand you must protect your home. Above all else, it provides shelter for your family and is where you have all of your possessions. But what type of home protection is best? Determining if you should get round-the-clock monitoring is one of the chief decisions you need to make. Learn more about the pros and cons of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Ithaca and get a better sense of what’s ideal for you.
Differences Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you opt for 24/7 monitoring, your home’s protection links to a professional monitoring organization that is set to offer assistance at any moment. When a window sensor activates or a smoke detector begins beeping, your monitoring agents are issued an alert immediately. They will work quickly to confirm the alarm and contact the proper first responders.
On the contrary, an unmonitored security system doesn’t come with professional backup. You could think of this to be self-monitoring, which means that if your system is tripped, you must respond to remedy the situation. This possibility is the more affordable solution, but it also impacts your peace of mind.
Benefits And Downsides Of A Monitored Security System In Ithaca
Here’s a short breakdown of the pros and cons of a monitored security system.
Benefits Of Monitored Systems
- Elevated security: Having a support system at the ready is always a good choice. If you are not on site, not awake, or without your cell phone, your home and its occupants will still be watched over.
- Quicker response: Monitoring professionals are always prepared. They’ll reply quicker to emergencies than you can alone.
- Insurance discounts: Monitored home security systems could qualify you for a discount on your home insurance premium.
- Superior tools and flawless integration: When you get equipment, installation, and monitoring from a trusted home security expert, you will enjoy a cohesive system with components that may be of a higher quality than what you will come across independently.
Drawbacks Of A Monitored System
- Expense: There is a monthly expenditure for monitoring.
- Have to use professional installation: Many people would rather have the install completed by skilled professionals, but some do-it-yourselfers might object.
- Must sign a contract: You will usually need to sign a contract as part of your package. This arrangement may be acceptable for many as home security is something you will want indefinitely.
Benefits And Downsides Of An Unmonitored Security System In Ithaca
Here’s a quick breakdown of the pros and cons of an unmonitored security system.
Benefits Of An Unmonitored System
- Cost: You won’t have a monitoring fee.
- Install yourself: Do-it-yourselfers could consider this an advantage as they can handle the installation themselves and not have an added expense. Others will prefer going with a professional.
- Greater Flexibility: You may incorporate components when you desire - and from different manufacturers. With that being said, you could find incorporating into a fully connected system more complex.
- Control: There won’t be a third party monitoring your alarms. If an urgent situation arises, it’s up to you to get help.
Downsides Of An Unmonitored System
- No support system: What if you’ve misplaced your phone and don’t get a security alert? This circumstance equates to additional stress and less peace of mind.
- Requires your total attention: As you are the only one in charge, you must always stay connected to your home security app.
- Hooking up the system is up to you: If you need a helping hand during an install, you might have to hire a separate contractor. The installation is also likely to be more time-intensive.
Stay Protected With a Monitored Home Security System In Ithaca
Get the 24/7 support you deserve with a monitored home security system in Ithaca from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re sure you’ll agree that a cohesive, monitored home security system is the best choice for your family. Dial (607) 204-9053 today to customize your package.