How to Get the Most From A Home Security Cameras In Ithaca
Home security cameras can easily be installed as a hindrance—a display that informs criminals or intruders that “we’re always watching.” Or you can optimize your home security cameras to tighten your home’s defenses.
Thankfully, the latest security cameras are armed with a number of features all designed to deliver all-encompassing protection for your home. Whether it’s two-way talk and recording capabilities or infrared night vision and fast action motion detectors, these additions enable you to get the most from security cameras in Ithaca.
How To Set Up Your Ithaca Security Cameras For Maximum Protection
Mounting your video surveillance on the perfect locations around your living space is the best place to begin with home security.. Interior security cameras should be placed in high traffic spots such as the kitchen or family room. It’s also a great idea to have a camera near main doors, stairs, or other transitional areas criminals would have to pass to access the rest of your interior. Exterior security cameras ideally provide a clear scene of your patio, front walk, front and patio, shed, and other exterior separated buildings, like sheds. You can always see a view of your main entryway with a sleek doorbell camera.
There are places within your home that are less vital to surveil such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Seclusion for you and your family needs to be a major consideration before mounting a camera in a bedroom.. Feel free to add window or motion sensors if you desire some type of device in bedrooms.
Additions That Optimize Home Security Cameras
Camera location is only the foundation for extracting the all you can from home security cameras in Ithaca. The additions described below help to elevate security and boost overall home safety.
- Motion detection: See instant alerts on your smart device whenever abnormal activity is sensed. You can also set cameras to start filming when activity is detected which helps add to camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Set your home security cameras to capture footage and save clips for easy viewing anytime.
- Two-way talk: The majority of today’s security cameras feature a built-in microphone and speaker so you can actually converse with anyone via the device. With your security app, you can make it seem you’re inside the building or talk to your kids as they come home from school.
- Wide angle lens: Field of view determines how much a camera can see, and gives you a more comprehensive view of what where you want to protect. Opt for cameras that have at least 120-degree coverage or that can pan in a wide arc for complete visibility.
- Night vision: Ensure your home security cameras have either infrared or LED sensors that can pick up clips of overnight activity.
- Activity zones: To make security notifications more exact, set up activity zones. For example, you can tell your outdoor camera to alert you of activity happening on your yard or your driveway and disregard traffic passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- App: security app, like ADT Control®, empower you to view live camera feeds, move cameras, power or disengage the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app should send timely notifications when the detect something unusual taking place around your home.
Get Your Security Cameras Today
Achieving the most out of your security cameras in Ithaca is more simple. From lightning quick motion detection to 2-way talk, your security system rises from simply a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (607) 204-9053 or submit the form below to start personalizing your home security system today.