The latest smart security solutions are becoming increasingly more intelligent. Even so, it’s still easy to fail to do easy security tasks like arming your a home security system, shutting the garage door, or even securing your front door.
Would you like it if you didn’t have to remember doing these tasks in the future? With geofencing in Ithaca, you don’t have to.
What is Geofencing In Ithaca For Security Systems?
Geofencing creates a virtual perimeter a set distance from your residence, which you are able to customize within your cell phone app. This modern home security option then uses your mobile device to determine when you go past the boundary and then triggers pre-programmed actions or notifications.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart devices utilize to share information with one another. This technological advancement aids your security system by centralizing all devices onto one, unified network. You are then able to draw a virtual “fence” around your property and program particular actions as you go past the prearranged border line.
To illustrate, when you exit your driveway, you may instruct your security system to secure your front and back doors, close the garage, and arm your alarms. Conversely, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing can notify your system to disengage the alarm, raise the garage door, brighten first-floor lights, and even change your your home’s comfort levels.
Here are some of the components you may command with geofencing:
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Electronic devices including Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Garage door sensors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are At Your Fingertips With ADT Control
Geofencing is just one way to use your property’s security system in Ithaca. When accessing the ADT Control app, you have the ability to make the most of home automation. In a few easy touches of your phone, and you have the opportunity to:
● Set schedules: program your smart devices to activate at the times of your choice. Have your lights start to turn down to indicate that it's bedtime, or deactivate your alarms the first thing in the morning.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make particular equipment come alive when another element is triggered. Instruct your thermostat to turn on the connected fan when a smoke detector trips. Or turn on your hall’s smart light when your security camera senses unusual motion in the yard.
● Set a scene: Make room and event scenes with various smart components that all act in concert with each other. Make your lights turn off, the thermostat go down, and the smart locks engage when the day is done. Or set the mood for TV night with the right light and HVAC settings.
● Protect your home with geofencing: It's easy to forget to arm the security system when you're running late for work. With geofencing functionality and your mobile device, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to turn on your alarms and lower the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in Ithaca
Whether you seek extra certainty of a fully secured property whenever you leave or you want to automate your smart home technology, geofencing will make things easier. Talk to one of our knowledgeable team members today at (607) 204-9053 or submit the following form to start designing your perfect security system.