Do Home Security Signs Deter Intrusion In Ithaca?
There's a popular perception that installing signage from a home security company by your primary entry is all that is needed to safeguard your property. Essentially, an intruder is supposed to see "Protected By ADT'' and go on past. With this in mind, could you simply use a home security sign in Ithaca and skip a real home security system? Frankly, some think that a home security system isn’t necessary, you just need a home security sign in Ithaca. It’s the home security sign that deters intrusion in Ithaca instead of the security system.
While there is merit in displaying signs and decals from esteemed residential security experts such as ADT®, it isn't enough to discourage career criminals. Instead, you're better off guarding your home with a range of additional security devices. You’ll probably agree it’s much less of a gamble than simply assuming that your home security signs will deter intrusion in Ithaca.
Reinforce Your Ithaca Home Security Signs With Integrated Security Components
Although home security signs might deter intrusion at times, you shouldn’t depend on them as your lone security measure. As an alternative, consider implementing a combination of the ensuing components:
● Surveillance systems: Not surprisingly, thieves don’t want to be recorded on video as it might be submitted in a criminal case. Consider an outdoor camera system that can cover primary entry points like your windows, doors, and garage.
● Sensors for access points: The majority of invaders break into your home through obvious entry points like windows and doors, so those should be secured by motion and glass break sensors. When an alarm trips, your system will notify you and your 24.7 monitoring professionals.
● Exterior motion-sensor lights: While it’s the truth that many invasions occur in broad daylight when you are at the office, you also need to defend against nighttime prowlers. Motion-detection lighting located near your access points will quickly illuminate criminal activity and scare off intruders.
● Smart locks and doorbell cameras: Smart locks will notify you when anyone tries to unlock your door. A doorbell camera takes it one step further by providing real-time footage. Both work with your mobile security app.
● Smart light bulbs: A great home automation device, smart light bulbs can be programmed for a schedule or activated directly from your smartphone. They will give the impression you are on-site and effectively discourage prospective robbers.
Start Planning Your Integrated Home Security Package
Why run the risk that dummy home security signs will deter intrusion in Ithaca when you are able to install a comprehensive home security system? Reach out to (607) 204-9053 or submit the form on this page to get started. You are able to pick from various packages at budget-friendly rates or customize your system exactly how you want it.